Monday, July 8, 2013

Wasim Akram clean bowled by Melbourne beauty



Melbourne: Legendary Pakistan cricketer Wasim Akram is engaged to marry Melbourne-based Shaniera Thompson. The former left-arm fast bowler proposed to Thompson in traditional fashion by going down on one knee.
"It was the romantic moment of my life because it was so genuine," said Thompson as reported by The Australian. The 30-year-old Thompson is a former public relations consultant from Brighton. She has decided to call Pakistan her new home after having converted to Islam.
She also said Akram was nervous about proposing in the traditional way. "He was really sweet about it. He asked me what my dream proposal would be and I said I'm not the type of woman that likes a big scene. I would want it to be at home or somewhere private. Then I came into the lounge room and he was on his knee and asked me if I'd marry him."


The pair met in Melbourne in 2011 and Akram said he was happy he had found love. "I never thought I would get married again, but I am lucky and very happy to find love again," he said.
"It just goes to show that life can give you a second chance."
Wasim's first wife, Huma, died due to cancer on October 25, 2009 at Apollo Hospital in Chennai. They got married in 1995, and had a son, Taimoor, in 1996 and another son, Akbar, in 2000. Huma died 15 years after marriage.


0 comments:

Post a Comment